PASS coordinates the procurement of UPCS inspections for Public Housing Agencies/Authorities (PHAs) and Office of Multifamily Housing (MFH) assisted and insured properties. Nearly 20,000 inspections are conducted on HUD-assisted Public Housing and Multifamily properties each year.
Change in UPCS Inspector Protocol – Bedbugs
As of February 1, 2016, Inspectors shall enter all units reported to have bed bugs that show up in the sample and conduct the normal REAC inspection.
In 2010, due to the reemergence of bedbugs, REAC issued Inspector Notice 2010-01 establishing inspection protocol requirements when an inspector is informed of bed bugs at a property that is being inspected. Those requirements addressed reporting of bed bugs and the conduct of inspections at these properties. The new Inspector Notice 2016-01 amends, in part, those inspection protocol requirements and now requires inspectors to enter all units in which bed bugs are reported. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact REAC’s Technical Assistance Center at 1-888-245-4860.
On January 21, 2016 REAC held a conference call with all UPCS inspectors. To listen to the recorded call, click on January 21, 2016 Bedbug Conference Call (Zip File/WAV).
Federal Regulations & Guidance
- REAC Physical Inspection Program
- Reverse Auction Program (RAP)
- Technical Review and Database Adjustment (TRDBA)
- UPCS Inspection Training - How to Become an Inspector?
- Physical Assessment Subsystem Quality Assurance (PASS QA)
- Physical Assessment Subsystem Inspector Administration (PASS IA)
- Physical Assessment Subsystem Index
- Inspection Standards & Data for Vouchers (ISDV) Division
- National Interagency Physical Inspection Alignment Initiative
Monday - Friday
7 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. EST