HUD will launch a new physical housing inspection model and wants to test the adjustments to standards, protocols, and processes prior to nationwide implementation. The department is seeking participation from 4,500 properties and will select from a nationwide pool of Public Housing Authorities (PHAs) and Property Owners and Agents (POAs).
PHAs and POAs are encouraged to register one or multiple properties for acceptance into the demonstration but there is no requirement to submit all properties within a portfolio. Submission of an application does not constitute acceptance into the program nor does it obligate the PHA or POA in any way. Once accepted into the demonstration, participants may voluntarily withdraw any or all properties at any time.
If interested in participating in the voluntary NSPIRE demonstration, you may register by completing the online application. Early registration is encouraged.
The department wants a diverse, representative group of stakeholders from across the nation. HUD encourages early registration so that the department can make selections as quickly as possible.
- Only one inspection! Scores are advisory.
- Can participate in focus groups, listening sessions, conference calls, and training sessions on policies and procedures.
- You will have a direct line to HUD! Your feedback will help HUD shape the new inspection model.
- Can take advantage of training opportunities, including how to use the inspection software.
- Annually inspect 100 percent of your units. Self-inspections are to be submitted electronically for evaluation but will NOT be scored.
- Schedule a mutually agreed inspection date with a HUD inspector, so demonstration data can be collected.
- If property conditions warrant, HUD reserves the right to order and execute a UPCS inspection and apply any available remedies, sanctions, or other actions as determined by the results.
- If your property is subject to an existing HUD Compliance, Disposition, and Enforcement or Corrective Action Plan, you cannot participate in the Demonstration.
- If your most recent REAC score was 70 or less, and you are not currently subject to corrective action, your property may be considered for inclusion in the demonstration on a case-by-case basis.
- Agree to participate in focus groups, listening sessions, conference calls, and training sessions.
Thank you for your interest in REACÔÇÖs new Physical Inspection Model and participating in the demonstration. We look forward to your feedback and working with you to strengthen inspection standards, scoring models, and protocols; to streamline the inspection process; and ultimately to ensure families are living in decent and safe housing.
IF INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN THE DEMONSTRATION PLEASE CLICK THE DOWNLOAD BUTTON BELOW AND COMPLETE THE EXCEL FILE WITH THE REQUIRED PROPERTY INFORMATION. EMAIL THE FORM TO NSPIRE@HUD.GOV.
HUD ANTICIPATES THAT THE FIRST ROUND OF SELECTIONS WILL TAKE PLACE LATER THIS FALL.