The Landlord Incentives Cohort of the MTW Expansion will evaluate landlord incentives and their effect on landlord participation in the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program. PHAs in the Landlord Incentives Cohort of the MTW Expansion must implement at least two MTW landlord incentive activities from a provided list of nine MTW landlord incentive activities.
PIH Notice 2021-03 provides eligibility criteria and requests MTW Plan and application packages from PHAs seeking to join the Landlord Incentives Cohort of the MTW Expansion. There are no PHA size requirements associated with the Landlord Incentives Cohort of the MTW Expansion beyond the statutory restriction that PHAs not administer more than 27,000 aggregate public housing and/or HCV units.
PIH Notice 2021-19 extended the deadline to submit MTW Plan and application packages to the Landlord Incentives Cohort of the MTW Expansion to October 15, 2021. In January of 2022, HUD announced the 29 agencies that have been selected for the Landlord Incentives Cohort. These PHAs will officially be designated as MTW PHAs once their MTW ACC Amendments are executed by HUD.
If you should have a question regarding the Landlord Incentives Cohort of the MTW Expansion, please email: MTWLandlordIncentives@hud.gov.
- Landlord Incentives Cohort Selectees and Summaries - Selected January 2022
PIH Notices and FAQs
- PIH Notice 2021-19: EXTENSION of Request for Applications under the Moving to Work Demonstration Program – Landlord Incentives Cohort (previously published as Request for Applications under the Moving to Work Demonstration Program Fiscal Year 2021: COHORT #4 – Landlord Incentives)
- PIH Notice 2021-03: Request for Applications under the Moving to Work Demonstration Program – Landlord Incentives Cohort
- Landlord Incentives Cohort - PIH Notice 2021-03 and 2021-19 FAQ (UPDATED for Questions Received as of June 10, 2021)
Webcasts and Webinars
- Landlord Incentives Cohort Applicant Webinar (07/20/21)
- MTW Expansion Online Training and Interactive Manual
- MTW Expansion Webinar Series
Links and Resources for Request for Applications (PIH Notice 2021-03)
- Landlord Incentives Cohort Eligibility Worksheet (MS-Excel)
- Sample Application Timeline for the Landlord Incentives Cohort Applicants
- MTW Certifications of Compliance
- Commitment to Participate in the HUD-Sponsored Evaluation of the Fourth Cohort of the MTW Expansion
- Standard Form: Certification of Consistency with the Consolidated Plan (form HUD-2991)
- Standard Form: Disclosure of Lobbying Activities (SF-LLL)
- Standard Form: Certification of Payments (form HUD-50071)
Last updated January 27, 2022