The third cohort of the MTW Expansion will test the impact of implementing a work requirement policy on the PHA and the residents it serves. PHAs may choose to implement a work requirement policy in the public housing program, the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program, or both programs. In the third cohort, HUD seeks to balance the goal of allowing applicant PHAs maximum flexibility to design a work requirement policy while still ensuring that the policies across the PHAs are similar enough to support rigorous evaluation.
PIH Notice 2021-02 provides eligibility criteria and requests MTW Plan and application packages from PHAs seeking to join the third cohort of the MTW Expansion. There are no PHA size requirements associated with the third cohort of the MTW Expansion beyond the statutory restriction that PHAs not administer more than 27,000 aggregate public housing and/or HCV units.
If you should have a question regarding Cohort #3 of the MTW Expansion, please email: MTWcohort3@hud.gov.
PIH Notices and FAQs
- PIH Notice 2021-02: Request for Applications under the Moving to Work Demonstration Program for Fiscal Year 2021: COHORT #3 â€“ Work Requirements
- (NEW) PIH Notice 2021-02 FAQ (UPDATED for Questions Received as of April 2, 2021)
Webcasts and Webinars
- (COMING SOON) Informational Webcast on Cohort #3 Coming this Spring!
- Please provide your contact information to MTWcohort3@hud.gov if you would like to be notified when this webcast is scheduled.
- MTW Expansion Online Training and Interactive Manual
- MTW Expansion Webinar Series
Links and Resources for Request for Applications (PIH Notice 2021-02)
- Cohort #3 Eligibility Worksheet (MS-Excel)
- Sample Application Timeline for Cohort #3 Applicants
- MTW Certifications of Compliance
- Standard Form: Certification of Consistency with the Consolidated Plan (form HUD-2991)
- Standard Form: Disclosure of Lobbying Activities (SF-LLL)
- Standard Form: Certification of Payments (form HUD-50071)
Last updated April 13, 2021