The second cohort of the MTW Expansion will evaluate alternative rent policies designed to increase resident self-sufficiency and reduce PHA administrative burdens. It will target PHAs with 1,001 or more aggregate units of public housing and Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) units.
PIH Notice 2019-04 requests Letters of Interest from PHAs seeking to join the second cohort of the MTW Expansion. To be considered for the second cohort, PHAs submitted a Letter of Interest package by June 12, 2019. HUD conducted an eligibility review of these interested PHAs.
Only those PHAs that submitted a Letter of Interest package under PIH Notice 2019-04 and were found to be eligible may apply under the Selection Notice for the second cohort of the MTW Expansion. A list of these PHAs is provided below. To be considered for designation under Cohort #2 of the MTW Expansion, PHAs on the â€śCohort #2 Eligible Applicantsâ€ť list below must submit an MTW Plan and application package according to PIH-Notice 2020-21 by January 8, 2021.
If you should have a question regarding Cohort #2 of the MTW Expansion, please email MTWcohort2@hud.gov.
- Applicants to Cohort #2 of the MTW Expansion â€“ Applications Received as of June 12, 2019
- Cohort #2 Eligible Applicants â€“ Provided to Eligible Applicants in August of 2020
PIH Notices and FAQs
- PIH Notice 2020-21: Request for Applications under the Moving to Work Demonstration Program for Fiscal Year 2020: COHORT #2 â€“ Rent Reform
- (NEW) PIH Notice 2020-21 FAQ (updated 10/06/20)
- PIH Notice 2019-04: Request for Letters of Interest under the Moving to Work Demonstration Program for Fiscal Year 2019: COHORT #2 â€“ Rent Reform
- PIH Notice 2019-04 FAQ (UPDATED for Questions Received as of June 6, 2019)
Webcasts and Webinars
- (NEW) PIH Notice 2020-21 Webinar (09/16/20)
- (NEW) PIH Notice 2020-21 Webinar Slides (09/16/20)
- Cohort #2 Rent Policy Webinar (09/11/19)
- Cohort #2 Rent Policy Webinar Slides (09/11/19)
- PIH Notice 2019-04 Webinar (03/26/19)
- PIH Notice 2019-04 Webinar Slides (03/26/19)
Links and Resources for Request for Applications (PIH Notice 2020-XX)
- Sample Application Timeline for Cohort #2 Eligible Applicants
- Standard Form: Certification of Consistency with the Consolidated Plan (form HUD-2991)
- Standard Form: Disclosure of Lobbying Activities (SF-LLL)
- Standard Form: Certification of Payments (form HUD-50071)
Links and Resources for Request for Letters of Interest (PIH Notice 2019-04)
- PHA Baseline Research Survey
- PDF of PHA Baseline Research Survey
- PIH Notice 2019-04 Eligibility Worksheet (MS-Excel)
Last updated October 14, 2020