The second cohort of the MTW Expansion will evaluate alternative rent policies designed to increase resident self-sufficiency and reduce PHA administrative burdens. It will target PHAs with 1,001 or more aggregate units of public housing and Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) units.
PIH Notice 2019-04 requests Letters of Interest from PHAs seeking to join the second cohort of the MTW Expansion. PHAs will submit a Letter of Interest package that indicates which of four possible rent reforms the PHA is willing to test. To be considered for the second cohort, PHAs must submit a Letter of Interest package to HUD by June 12, 2019. HUD will then conduct an eligibility review of these interested PHAs.
After the final MTW Operations Notice is published, HUD will publish a separate PIH Notice seeking applications to the second cohort. Only those PHAs that submitted a Letter of Interest package under PIH Notice 2019-04 and were found to be eligible may apply.
If you should have a question regarding the MTW Expansion Cohort 2, you can the Cohort 2 mailbox at MTWcohort2@hud.gov.
- Applicants to Cohort #2 of the MTW Expansion – Applications Received as of June 12, 2019
- PIH Notice 2019-04: Request for Letters of Interest and Applications under the Moving to Work Demonstration Program for Fiscal Year 2019: COHORT #2 – Rent Reform
- PIH Notice 2019-04 FAQ (UPDATED for Questions Received as of June 6, 2019)
- PIH Notice 2019-04 Eligibility Worksheet (MS-Excel)
- PIH Notice 2019-04 Webinar
- PIH Notice 2019-04 Webinar Slides
- PDF of PHA Baseline Research Survey[GEN1]
Links for PIH Notice 2019-04 Process
Last updated 07/02/2019