Moving to Work (MTW) Expansion – Cohort #1
The first cohort of the MTW Expansion will evaluate the overall effects of MTW flexibility on a public housing agency (PHA) and the residents it serves. It will target PHAs with 1,000 or fewer aggregate units of public housing and Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) units.
PIH Notice 2018-17 lays out the two-step application process by which PHAs will be selected for the first cohort of the MTW Expansion. In the first step, interested PHAs that meet the eligibility criteria in Section 4(B) of PIH Notice 2018-17 will submit a Letter of Interest package to HUD by January 11, 2019. HUD will then conduct an eligibility review of these interested PHAs. Regional lotteries will then be held to determine which of the eligible, interested PHAs will be invited to apply under this Notice, which will be placed on a waitlist, and which will not receive MTW designation under this Notice or continue to the next step of the application process.
In the second step, the regional lottery selectees will be invited to submit a full MTW Plan and application requesting MTW designation. A waitlisted PHA may be invited to apply to replace a selected PHA that withdraws or does not successfully complete its application. Upon sufficient completion of the application requirements, regional lottery selectees will then be offered MTW designation in the first cohort of the MTW Expansion.
- PIH Notice 2018-17: Request for Letters of Interest and Applications under the Moving to Work Demonstration Program for Fiscal Year 2019: COHORT #1 – Overall Impact of Moving to Work Flexibility
- PIH Notice 2018-17: FAQ (updated 12.4.18)
- PIH Notice 2018-17: Eligibility Worksheet
- PIH Notice 2018-17: Information Webcast – COMING SOON!
- PIH Notice 2018-17: Information Webcast Slides – COMING SOON!
- Email a Question
Links for First Step of Application Process
- PHA Baseline Research Survey
- Attachment 1 of PIH Notice 2018-17: Commitment to Participation in HUD-Sponsored Evaluation of the First Cohort of the MTW Expansion
Links for Second Step of Application Process
- Standard Form: Certification of Consistency with the Consolidated Plan (form HUD-2991)
- Standard Form: Disclosure of Lobbying Activities (SF-LLL)
- Standard Form: Certification of Payments (form HUD-50071)
- Attachment 2 of PIH Notice 2018-17: Moving to Work Certifications of Compliance
Updated on 10/24/2018