The fourth cohort of the MTW Expansion will test asset building initiatives. For purposes of this Cohort, Asset Building Initiatives are defined as activities that encourage the growth of savings accounts and/or aim to build credit for assisted households.
PIH Notice 2022-11 provides eligibility criteria and requests MTW Plan and application packages from PHAs seeking to join the Asset Building Cohort of the MTW Expansion. PHAs must not administer more than 6,000 aggregate public housing and/or HCV units to apply to this Cohort. MTW Plan and application packages are due July 28, 2022.
If you should have a question regarding the Asset Building Cohort of the MTW Expansion, please email: MTWAssetBuilding@hud.gov.
PIH Notices and Questions/Answers
- PIH Notice 2022-11: Request for Applications under the Moving to Work Demonstration Program: Asset Building Cohort
- (NEW) Asset Building Cohort - PIH Notice 2022-11 Questions and Answers
Webinars and Training on MTW
- Informational Webinar on Asset Building Cohort Selection Notice – How to Apply
- MTW Expansion Online Training and Interactive Manual
- MTW Expansion Webinar Series
Webinars and Training on Asset Building
- Webinar: For PHAs – Asset Building Opportunities for Consumers
- Webinar: For PHAs – Rent Reporting and Credit Building Opportunities for PHA Residents
Links and Resources for PIH Notice 2022-11
- Sample Application Timeline for Asset Building Cohort Applicants
- MTW Certifications of Compliance
- Asset Building Cohort Eligibility Worksheet (MS-Excel)
- Standard Form: Certification of Consistency with the Consolidated Plan (form HUD-2991)
- Standard Form: Disclosure of Lobbying Activities (SF-LLL)
- Standard Form: Certification of Payments (form HUD-50071)
Last updated July 8, 2022