The Public Housing Management and Occupancy Division (PHMOD) is an organizational arm of the Office of Public Housing Programs (OPHP). PHMOD provides technical assistance, guidance, training and clarification on issues concerning the daily operations of the Public Housing program. PHMOD leads the Departmentās efforts in overall policy, planning and program development for all areas of public housing.
The responsibilities of PHMOD include, but are not limited to:
- Developing income, occupancy and rent policies for the Public Housing program;
- Developing management policies and initiatives for various Public Housing related topics such as smoke-free housing;
- Formulating energy conservation and energy financing policies and issuing guidance to assist PHAs with reducing their routine energy consumption;
- Reviewing and processing requests to waive public housing regulations;
- Reviewing designated housing plans that serve both elderly and disabled populations;
- Communicating with industry and key stakeholders about issues in the Public Housing program through guidebooks, notices and fact sheets.
PHMOD Question of the Month (Coming Soon!)
Check back monthly for questions and responses pertaining to management and occupancy policies and requirements in the Public Housing program.
Do you have suggestions for questions of the month for the Public Housing Management and Occupancy Division? Submit questions to the email address below. If your question is chosen, we will post your question and an official response to our webpage!
Submit questions to: PH_MOD_QOTM@hud.gov