The FY 2011 Choice Neighborhoods Notice of Funds Availability (NOFA) for Planning Grants was issued on June 6, 2011 and announced approximately $3.6 million available for awards. Applications were due August 8, 2011. In January 2012, HUD awarded Planning Grants to 13 communities totaling $3.6 million. HUD also has designated 8 applications as “competitive runners-up” and will post information with applicants, along with the grantees, on the partner.hud.gov website.
- FY 11 Planning Grantees announced
- FY11 Planning Grantees Project Summaries
- FY11 Planning Grant Competitive Runners-Up Project Summaries
- FY11 Planning Grant applicants
- NOFA Questions and Answers
- Mapping Tool- Note: The FY11 module has been removed from the server and the links have been disabled.
Choice Neighborhoods Webcast – June 3
We are pleased that $100 million is included for Choice Neighborhoods and HOPE VI in the final Continuing Resolution for FY2011Appropriations passed by Congress in April. HUD hosted a webcast on June 3 to discuss this appropriation and provide information on our FY2011 Planning Grant Competition. The webcast can be viewed at HUD Webcast Archives page.
- The presentation materials: Choice Neighborhoods Current & Future Competitions
- Questions and Answers from the webcast