During September 2009, the Office of Public and Indian Housing (PIH) awarded $995 million to Public Housing Agencies in 396 Capital Fund Recovery Competitive grants. This page contains information specific to the five different types of grants awarded under the Capital Fund Recovery Competition program. The grant program types include the following:
- Category 1: Improvements Addressing the Needs of the Elderly and/or Persons with
- Category 2: Public Housing Transformation.
- Category 3: Gap Financing for Projects that are Stalled Due to Financing Issues.
- Category 4: Creation of Energy Efficient, Green Communities: Option 1, Substantial Rehabilitation or New Construction.
- Category 4: Creation of Energy Efficient, Green Communities: Option 2, Moderate Rehabilitation.
This page provides information related to the 396 grants awarded.