Excerpt from Comprehensive Grant Handbook 7485.3G
[Note: references to the reserve for natural and other disasters containing $75 million have been superceded by the 2006 appropriation that provides $17 million for emergencies and disasters.]
6-9. HA SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR RESERVE FOR DISASTERS AND EMERGENCIES. ['968.104 or '950.606]
A. Prerequisite for Receiving Assistance. To receive funding from the $20 million reserve for natural and other disasters or for emergencies under paragraph 3-8, whether or not the FO has approved the HA's Comprehensive Plan, the HA must first:
1. For natural and other disasters, determine the extent to which its needs are in excess of its expected reimbursement from insurance and other sources, such as the Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA).
2. For emergencies, deplete its annual formula allocation of CGP funds, other unobligated CGP and CIAP funds, and any funds in the CGP-funded replacement reserve.
B. Submission Requirements. The HA shall submit the following documents to the FO:
1. Form HUD-50075.1, Annual Statement, in an original and one copy, which identifies:
a. the development(s) where there is work resulting from a disaster or an emergency;
b. for a natural or other disaster, the nature of the disaster and why the HA believes it qualifies for grant funding under the reserve, the work needed to repair the damage caused by the disaster, the estimated cost, and the expected reimbursement from insurance and other sources such as FEMA to pay for the damage caused by the disaster. Subtract the total expected reimbursements from the estimated cost of the repair work to determine the amount eligible for funding from the $20 million reserve.
c. for emergencies, the nature of the immediate threat to the health or safety of residents, the work needed to correct the emergency condition(s), and the estimated cost. The HA also shall provide the estimated or actual amount of its current year formula allocation, the amount of previously approved, but unobligated CIAP and CGP funds, and the amount in the CGP-funded replacement reserve. Subtract the total of these three amounts from the estimated cost of the emergency work to determine the amount eligible for funding from the $20 million reserve.
2. Form HUD-50070, Certification for a Drug-Free Workplace, in an original only, unless already submitted for the CGP in the same FFY;
3. Form HUD-50071.certification for Contracts, Grants, Loans and Cooperative Agreements, in an original only; 4. Standard Form (SF)-LLL, Disclosure of Lobbying Activities, in an original only; and
5. Form HUD-52836, PHA/IHA Board Resolution Approving Comprehensive Plan or Annual Statement in an original only.
Note: There are no resident or local/tribal government consultation requirements or public hearing requirements for funding from the $20 million reserve because of HA need to submit quickly. However, the HA is urged to consult, where possible, with residents and local/tribal government officials. The HA is required to inform residents and local/tribal government officials of any approved disaster or emergency funding.