The 2021 Capital Fund Program Grant Awards
- List of Capital Fund Awards by PHA (MS-Excel)
- FY 2021 Capital Fund Processing Guidance for PHAs
- FY 2021 Master ACC Amendments: The process for retrieving ACCs has changed. Please refer to the FY 2021 Processing Guidance for further instructions.
- FY2021 Letter to Executive Directors
- Development Per Unit Funding Report (MS-Excel)
Capital Fund Calculation Process
- (NEW) PHAS High Performer List for Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 2021 Capital Fund Formula Grant Calculations: The Department is making preparations for calculating the Capital Fund Formula for FFY 2021. As part of the calculation, the Department is using the FFY 2019 PHAS designations to determine which PHAs will receive the High Performer bonus for the 2021 formula calculation. PHAs are responsible for validating whether they are on the High Performer List that will be the basis for the formula calculation by reviewing the linked High Performer List spreadsheet (MS-Excel). The spreadsheet lists PHAs that are designated as High Performers. Also included in the spreadsheet are the Housing Authority Code, the Housing Authority Name, the Component Scores, and the Fiscal Year End that corresponds to the High Performer ranking.* If a PHA believes there is an error in the calculation of their PHAS score for FFY 2019, it must send an e-mail explaining the error to the Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC) at PHAS@hud.gov no later than 1/15/2021. Without exception, if the PHA does not contact the REAC by 1/15/2021, the Office of Capital Improvements will use the High Performers in the published list in the FFY 2021 Capital Fund Formula.
*FFY 2019 corresponds to the following fiscal year end quarters: 12/31/2018, 3/31/2019, 6/30/2019 and 9/30/2019.
(NEW) "Faircloth Limit" Unit Counts - Section 9(g)(3) of the United States Housing Act of 1937 ("Faircloth Amendment") limits the construction of new public housing units. The Faircloth Amendment states that the Department cannot fund the construction or operation of new public housing units with Capital or Operating Funds if the construction of those units would result in a net increase in the number of units the PHA owned, assisted or operated as of October 1, 1999. This requirement is referred to as the “Faircloth Limit.” The Faircloth Limit is adjusted for PHA transfers of ACC units, consolidations, and RAD removals. PHAs will not be funded for those units that exceed the Faircloth limit, and PHAs are responsible for reviewing the Faircloth limits and notifying HUD if they believe their posted Faircloth Limit is in error. PHAs should review the NATIONAL LIST OF MAXIMUM NUMBER OF UNITS ELIGIBLE FOR CAPITAL FUNDING AND OPERATING SUBSIDY BY PHA -11/30/2020 (PDF) - and notify HUD by 1/15/2021 if they believe their posted Faircloth Limit is in error. To notify HUD of a possible error in the posted Faircloth Limit, PHAs should send an email to PIHOCI@hud.gov with “Faircloth Limit Correction for…” and the PHA code in the subject line. The deadline for sending an email identifying a potential error is 1/15/2021.
- Capital Fund Certification Schedule for 2021: In preparation for the calculation of FFY 2021 Capital Fund grant awards, the annual PIC Certification process will run from July 6 through August 14, 2020. The “reporting date” for this round of certifications is June 30, 2020.During the certification period, PHA Executive Directors certify to the accuracy of the PHA’s inventory information in the PIC system as of the reporting date of June 30th. This process is critical to ensuring the accurate calculation of grant awards.For further information, please refer to the UPDATED Step-by-Step User Guide (PDF). If you encounter issues in IMS/PIC, including issues submitting building and unit data for approval, please consult the information on known system issues and workarounds available here: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/public_indian_housing/systems/pic.
Reporting Date: 6/30/2020
Certification Open: 7/6/2020
Certification Deadline: 8/14/2020