The 2019 Capital Fund Program Grant Awards are now available*
- List of Capital Fund Awards by PHA (MS-Excel)
- FY2019 Letter to Executive Directors
- FY2019 Capital Fund Processing Guidance for PHAs
- Annual Contributions Contract
- Development Per Unit Funding Report (MS-Excel)
* For FY 2019, PHAs are not executing a Capital Fund ACC Amendment, so there is no Timeline for submission of the Capital Fund ACC Amendment to the Field Office. Here is a list of important dates relevant to the FY 2019 Capital Fund Grant Awards:
Obligation Start Date: 4/16/2019
Obligation End Date: 4/15/2021
Expenditure End Date: 4/15/2023
Lobbying Certifications and Disclosures: HUD requires PHAs to submit lobbying certifications and disclosures to the offices from which they receive funds as a condition of the receipt of such funds. PHAs that receive Capital Fund awards are required to submit SF- LLL, if applicable, to the respective field office annually by 8/15/2019
2019 Capital Fund Calculation Process
- (NEW) PHAS High Performer list for Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 2019 Capital Fund Calculation: The Department is making preparations for calculating the Capital Fund formula for FFY 2019. As a part of the calculation, the Department is using the FFY 2017 PHAS designations to determine which PHAs will receive the High Performer bonus for the 2019 formula calculation. PHAs are responsible for validating whether they are on the High Performer list that will be the basis for the formula calculation by reviewing the linked Capital Fund Calculation spreadsheet (MS-Excel). The spreadsheet lists PHAs that are designated as High Performers. Also included in the spreadsheet are the Housing Authority Code, the Housing Authority Name, the Component Scores, and the Fiscal Year End that corresponds to the High Performer ranking.* A second spreadsheet lists PHAs whose High Performer status is pending and subject to change (MS-Excel). Please check both spreadsheets carefully.
If a PHA believes there is an error in the calculation of their PHAS score for FFY 2017 it must send an e-mail explaining the error to the Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC) at PHAS@hud.gov no later than 11/21/2018 Without exception, if the PHA does not contact the REAC by 11/21/2018, the Office of Capital Improvements will use the High Performers in the published list in the FFY 2019 Capital Fund formula.
*FFY 2017 corresponds to the following fiscal year end quarters: 12/31/2016, 3/31/2017, 6/30/2017 and 9/30/2017.
- (NEW) "Faircloth Limit" Unit Counts - Section 9(g)(3) of the United States Housing Act of 1937 ("Faircloth Amendment") limits the construction of new public housing units. The Faircloth Amendment states that the Department cannot fund the construction or operation of new public housing units with Capital or Operating Funds if the construction of those units would result in a net increase in the number of units the PHA owned, assisted or operated as of October 1, 1999. This requirement is referred to as the “Faircloth Limit.” The Faircloth Limit is adjusted for PHA transfers of ACC units, consolidations, and RAD removals. PHAs will not be funded for those units that exceed the Faircloth limit, and PHAs are responsible for reviewing the Faircloth limits and notifying HUD if they believe their posted Faircloth Limit is in error.
PHAs should review the linked National List of Maximum Number of Units Eligible for Capital Funding and Operating Subsidy by PHA (PDF) and notify HUD if they believe their posted Faircloth Limit is in error. To notify HUD of a possible error in the posted Faircloth Limit, PHAs should send an email to PIHOCI@hud.gov with “Faircloth Limit Correction for…” and the PHA code in the subject line.
- Capital Fund Certification Schedule for 2019:
In preparation for the calculation of FY 2019 Capital Fund grant awards, the annual PIC Certification process will run from July 2 through August 20, 2018. The “reporting date” for this round of certifications is June 30, 2018.
During the certification period, PHA Executive Directors certify to the accuracy of the PHA’s inventory information in the PIC system as of the reporting date of June 30th. This process is critical to ensuring the accurate calculation of grant awards.
For further information, please refer to the UPDATED Step-by-Step User Guide (PDF).
Reporting Date: 6/30/2018
Certification Open: 7/2/2018
Certification Deadline: 8/20/2018
HUDPIH-516391410-193, Last updated 2/5/2020