U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT
PEOPLE, IMAGINATION, AND HOUSING
Calling all Youth Artists!
HUDās Office of Public and Indian Housing is hosting its first annual Art Competition, āOpening Doors and Unlocking Opportunities, through People, Imagination, and Housingā.
Young artists are encouraged to share their creativity by submitting original artwork that demonstrates what āOpening Doors and Unlocking Opportunities, through People, Imagination and Housingā means to them.
Select submissions will be displayed online at HUD.gov and at HUDās Headquarters in Washington, D.C.!
Want to enter? Itās easy!
- Please review the important information below.
- Enter your information and sign the competition agreement.
- You will receive a confirmation email after completing your entry form.
- Forward your confirmation message WITH your artwork as an attachment to PIHART@HUD.GOV by 5:00pm EST July 31, 2020.
- Thatās it! We will make sure that we can open/view your artwork and let you know what comes next.
Art pieces will be judged at the regional and national level, with all pieces being showcased in the HUD PIH Virtual Art Gallery display and select pieces showcased in the HUD HQ on-site exhibition.
To participate, you should:
- Be under the age of 25
- Complete the entry form
- Digitally submit your confirmation message and artwork to PIHART@hud.gov by 5:00pm EST July 31, 2020
To be displayed as part of the competition, your artwork should:
- Be two-dimensional
- No larger than 26 inches high by 26 inches wide by 4 inches deep, including any frame
- Weigh less than 15 pounds
You can submit many types of art, including:
- Digital Art
- Mixed Media
Timeline for PIH Youth Art Competition
- Submit Art to PIHART@HUD.GOV by 5:00pm EST on July 31, 2020.
- Judging and notification of winners will take place during August 2020.
- Artwork to be displayed on-line due date TBD.
Questions? Email PIHART@HUD.GOV
Thanks for being part of the competition, and good luck!