Public Housing Reform
What is Public Housing Reform?
Public housing reform is represented through the Quality Housing and Work Responsibility Act of 1998 (QHWRA). QHWRA was signed by President Clinton on October 21, 1998 and is found in Title V of HUD?s FY1999 appropriations act (P.L. 105-276).
- QHWRA Overview - A history and background of the Act, including legislation.
- Related Rules and Notices - Federal Register rules and notices.
- Public Housing Agency Plans - Access plan templates, submit plans, and view approved 5 Year and Annual plans.
- Community Service Requirement Change in FY2002 HUD 12/10/01
- Merger of Public Housing Drug Elimination Program (PHDEP) Funding with the Public Housing Operating Fund for FY2002 11/29/01
- Public Housing Agency Plans: Deconcentration Amendments to "Established Income Range'' Definition Proposed Rule 08/15/01
- Clarification of Voluntary Conversion Initial Assessment Requirement (Updated on 09/21/01)
- Voluntary Conversion of Developments from Public Housing Stock; Required Initial Assessments; Final Rule (Adobe PDF, 4 pages)
Did You Know?
Section 511 of QHWRA created the Public Housing Agency Plans - a 5-year plan and an Annual plan describing the mission, goals and objectives for PHAs.
Go to PHA Plans