CARES Act Waiver Expiration
- Occupancy Policies - Explains waivers designed to afford PHAs the opportunity to allow families to remain in assisted units during the pandemic. This section contains information applicable to the Public Housing and HCV programs.
CDC Eviction Moratorium
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a new Order temporarily halting evictions in counties with heightened levels of community transmission. To determine if there is "high" or "substantial" risk of COVID-19 spread in your county, access CDC's COVID-19 Data Tracker.
- HUD PIH FAQs (June 30, 2021)
- CDC Federal Register Notice and Order (expires October 3, 2021)
- Resident Declaration Form (expires February 28, 2022)
- HHS/CDC FAQs (June 24, 2021)
- Help for Renters from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
- HUD PIH FAQs (May 26, 2021)
- CDC Federal Register Notice and Order (expired March 31, 2021)
- CDC Federal Register Notice and Order (September 4, 2020 – December 31, 2020) *Note: the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 extended this Order until January 31, 2021
- Resident Declaration Form (expired January 31, 2021)
- Resident Declaration Form (expired December 31, 2020)
- For other languages, click here (expired December 31, 2020)
- HUD PIH FAQs (February 5, 2021)
- HHS/CDC FAQs (February 2, 2021)
- HUD PIH FAQs (January 8, 2021)
- HHS/CDC FAQs (January 5, 2021)
- HUD PIH FAQs (November 18, 2020)
- HUD PIH FAQs (October 19, 2020)
- HHS/CDC FAQs (October 9, 2020)
- COVID-19 Quick Guide
- COVID-19 Interaction Playbook for Housing Partners (*Note: Google Chrome is preferred web browser to view this document.)
- COVID-19 Guidance for Housing Partners
- Coronavirus Prevention Flyer
- PHA Disaster Readiness and Preparation Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions on the U.S. Treasury’s Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) and Other Rental Assistance Programs (May 12, 2021)
- Frequently Asked Questions for Public Housing Agencies (May 29, 2020)
- Frequently Asked Questions (April 22, 2020)
- Frequently Asked Questions (March 30, 2020)
- Frequently Asked Questions for Tribes and Tribally Designated Housing Entities (TDHEs) (March 30, 2020)
- Frequently Asked Questions (March 13, 2020)
Building on innovative practices from PHAs around the country and existing HUD guidance, this toolkit offers information and resources to PHAs and HCV landlords on ways to stabilize families during and after COVID-19. The toolkit includes the following eight attachments:
- Attachment 5, Attachment 6, and Attachment 7: Examples of Repayment Agreements from PHAs. Attachment 5 and 6 are sample repayment agreements for public housing participants. Attachment 7 is a sample repayment agreement from an HCV Only Agency.
- Attachment 8: COVID-19 Resident Needs Assessment Survey created by Urban Strategies, Inc., can be used to identify resident needs and potential reasons for nonpayment of rent. It is intended to be used to facilitate a one-on-one conversation with the household (e.g., by phone, in-person, or other direct communication).
PHA and Transit Agency Partnership Resources
On November 12, 2020, PIH and the Federal Transportation Administration (FTA) partnered to educate stakeholders on how public housing authorities can coordinate with transit agencies, local municipalities, and school districts to provide essential services in their communities, including access to transportation, education support services (such as WiFi), food, medical appointments, and other essential services.