OMHP MISSION: The mission of the Office of Manufactured Housing Programs is to execute responsible regulation and solutions-oriented oversight and monitoring to protect consumers and preserve and promote the affordability, quality, durability, and safety of manufactured homes nationwide.
The Office of Manufactured Housing Programs (OMHP) administers the National Manufactured Housing Construction and Safety Standards Act of 1974 (the Act) which authorizes HUD to establish federal standards for the design and construction of manufactured homes to assure quality, durability, safety, and affordability. HUD standards may preempt state and local laws that do not conform to the HUD standards. OMHP enforces standards directly or through state agencies that have partnered with HUD, inspects factories and retailer lots, regulates installation standards for the homes, administers a dispute resolution program for defects, establishes and collects a fee for each home built, authorizes a certification label to be placed on each section of a home that meet the HUD standards, and pursues a civil or criminal action for violations of the Act.
OMHP also oversees a Manufactured Housing Consensus Committee (a federal advisory committee, composed of twenty-one producers, users, general interest and public officials to advise HUD), hires contractors to assist in program administration, and cooperates with other federal agencies such as DOE and EPA on crosscutting issues. It also provides technical assistance to the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) for the Minimum Property Standards and the Technical Suitability of Products programs administered by the Office of Single Family Housing.
HUD's Manufactured Housing Program is a national program established to protect the health and safety of those that own and occupy manufactured homes through the enforcement of the federal manufactured home construction and safety standards and administration of dispute resolution. Please feel free to email us with your comments or questions.
What's New in OMHP
- Final Rule: Manufactured Home Construction and Safety Standards (3rd Set); Delay of Effective Date - Issued March 10, 2021 *NEW*
- Final Rule: Manufactured Home Construction and Safety Standards (3rd Set); Correction - Issued February 22, 2021 *NEW*
- Final Rule: Manufactured Home Construction and Safety Standards (3rd Set) - Issued January 12, 2021 *NEW*
- Industry-Wide Alternative Construction (AC) Letter for 25-amp Circuit Breakers (20-IW2-AC) for COVID-19 Pandemic - Issued December 16, 2020
- Industry-Wide Alternative Construction (AC) Letter for Window Standard (20-IW1-AC) for COVID-19 Pandemic -RENEWAL - Issued December 16, 2020
- Final Rule: Manufactured Housing Program: Minimum Payments to the States - Issued November 12, 2020
- Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking: Minimum Payments to the States - Issued November 12, 2020
- Have Questions? Send program questions and/or website comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us at (202) 402-2698 or dial the toll-free HUD Manufactured Housing Consumer Hotline at (800) 927-2891
- Fax (202) 708-4213