The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) provides a Federal Dispute Resolution Program in states that do not have a state-run dispute resolution program in place. Disputes concerning homes located in the following states are eligible for resolution under the HUD-administered Dispute Resolution Program: Alaska, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nebraska, New Jersey, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Disputes concerning homes located in states with their own dispute resolution programs must be referred to the appropriate state program.
The HUD Dispute Resolution Request Form may be used to make a request for dispute resolution with HUD. The following information must be provided in the request:
- Homeowner Name, Address, and Contact Information;
- Manufacturer, Retailer, and Installer Names and Contact Information, to the extent available;
- Date the report of the alleged defect was made;
- Name and Contact Information of the recipient(s) of the report of the alleged defect;
- Date of installation of the manufactured home affected by the alleged defect; and
- Description of the alleged defect.
Requests can be submitted to:
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Office of Manufactured Housing Programs
451 Seventh Street, SW, Room 9168
Washington, DC 20410-8000
Telephone: (202) 708-6423 or (800) 927-2891
FAX: (202) 708-4213
Requests can also be submitted via email to email@example.com.