- Frank Melville Supportive Housing Investment Act
- A listening session focused on Section 4 “Project Rental Assistance” was held at HUD on April 14th, 2011.
Implementation of these bills is part of HUD’s broader efforts to modernize and reform the Section 202 and Section 811 program. Over the course of 2011 and 2012, HUD will be working to:
- Create and sustain more affordable units at a lower initial cost than under the status quo.
- Streamline and modernize the programs to reduce administrative processing and increase the likelihood of units successfully being completed.
- Ensure that new housing serves as a platform to access key services required to age in place and for persons with disabilities to live independently in mainstream, integrated settings.
HUD invites the public’s input as it seeks to implement this new authority. Please email Benjamin T. Metcalf with your comments or questions.