Have you received the benefits of a M2M debt restructuring and want to refinance or sell?
Visit the Post Mark-to-Market web page for more information.
The Mark-to-Market (M2M) program preserves affordability and availability of low income rental multifamily properties with federally insured program. The purpose of M2M is to reduce rents to market levels by restructuring existing debt to levels supportable by these rents. The Green Initiative is also available through this program to assist owners in rehabilitating their properties in the most sustainable way feasible.
This web page is intended to provide resources and tools on M2M and the status of projects in the program. All inquiries and requests related to Mark-to-Market transactions, should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to participate in the M2M program, owners/projects are required to meet the eligibility criteria in the diagram below.
Multifamily Housing with more than four dwelling units. Covered in whole or in part by a project-based Section 8 rental housing assistance contract.
Financed by a mortgage insured by FHA or held by the Secretaary under the National Housing Act, excluding Section 202 and Section 515.
Determined to have current contract rents for all project based Section 8 assisted units that, in the aggregate, exceed the comparable unsubsidized market rents.
Determined to be in good standing.
- Multifamily Assisted Housing Reform and Affordability Acts of 1997 (aka "MAHRA") was included in the Departments of Veterans Affairs, HUD and Independent Agencies Appropriations Acts, 1998. MAHRA was enacted to reduce the cost of federal housing assistance, enhance HUD's administration of such assistance, and to ensure the continued affordability of units in certain multifamily housing projects. Project owners with rents greater than market may request to participate in the Mark- to- Market program authorized by MAHRA. Contracts are renewed at existing rent levels temporarily while the mortgage is being restructured.
- The Final Rule implements the legislation that created a Mark-to-Market program through which Section 8 rents for multifamily projects with HUD-insured or HUD-held mortgages will be reduced.
- Multifamily Section 8 Contract Renewals
- Operating Procedures Guide (OPG), M2M Guidelines and Processing Tools
- The Mark-to-Market System
- Mark-to-Market Green Initiative
- Environmental Guidance and Lead Based Paint for M2M Properties
- Post Mark-to-Market
- The M2M Transactions Report is generated quarterly and provides a list of all the properties in the Mark-to-Market portfolio, it's ownership information and the last milestone of the property's program in the program. (Latest Update December 22, 2022: PDF | Excel). For additional questions contact us at email@example.com. | Note: Use Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer to View/Open the Excel File