FHA contributes to healthy communities by improving the quality of life in HUD-assisted project areas, insuring rental housing and providing Housing Counseling.
- Clearinghouse/Complaint Line
- Enforcement Center (EC)
- Fair Market Rents (FMRs) / Income Limits
- How Your Rent is Determined - "Fact Sheets for Project-Based Assistance Programs" (memo from FHA Commissioner):
- HUD Model Lease forms HUD-90105-a through 90105-d in PDF and MS Word formats
- Multifamily Housing's Participation in the Rental Housing Integrity Improvement Project (RHIIP)
- Resident Rights and Responsibilities in English or in alternative languages
- Search for Section 8 Subsidized Rental Properties
- Housing Counseling
- If looking for an apartment, visit HUD's Rental Help section. Find out how to apply for rent assistance programs, get tips on apartment hunting, and learn about your rights to fair housing.
Did You Know?
You can apply at more than one Public Housing Agency for housing assistance. Each local housing agency has its own system for applications. Sometimes there are long waiting lists. If you're willing to move, you might find a housing agency that can offer you housing right away. So check around.