The Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Multifamily Housing Programs includes the immediate staff of the DAS, the Program Administration Office, Office of Field Support and Operations, and the Program Systems Management Office.
The Office of Multifamily Housing is responsible for implementing multifamily housing programs authorized by the National Housing Act as amended by Congress, subsequent legislation enacted into law, and annual Appropriations Acts. It is widely responsible for production, asset management and portfolio oversight, and recapitalization of assisted properties, and field operations. The field operations of Multifamily Housing consist of 5 Regional Centers, 7 Regional Satellite Offices, and Asset Management Servicing Offices nationwide.
Key activities of the Office of Multifamily Housing include:
- Administer the FHA Multifamily mortgage insurance programs and perform quality assurance for the underwriting of FHA Insured Mortgages.
- Oversee Risk Sharing Programs for FHA-Insured Multifamily Loans including program compliance by participating Housing Finance Agencies and the Government Sponsored Enterprises.
- Perform asset management and portfolio oversight of the multifamily housing projects and mortgages developed under the Department's Multifamily Mortgage Insurance, Risk Sharing, Direct Loan and Capital Grant programs; assess portfolio and program performance and coordination with the Assessment Center, Enforcement Center, and Section 8 Financial Processing Center.
- Ensure service to Project-based rental subsidy programs operating in multifamily housing projects that are either insured, noninsured, Direct Loans, or financed with HUD Grants.
- Preserve properties and affordability by restructuring rents and mortgages through such programs as the Rental Assistance Demonstration program and Senior Preservation Rental Assistance Contracts.
How to reach us:
OFFICE TELEPHONE NO. (202) 708-2495
FAX NO. (202) 708-2583
OFFICE ADDRESS: ROOM 6106, 451 7th Street, SW, Washington, DC 20410
|FRONT OFFICE STAFF||Extension|
|Ethan D. Handelman Deputy Assistant Secretary|
|Telicia Foster Management Assistant||(202) 402- 7220|
|Terri L. Peasley (Acting) Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary||(202) 402-5647|
|Robert (Bob) Iber, Senior Advisor||(410) 209-6549|
|Theodore (Ted) Toon, Senior Advisor||(202) 402- 8386|
|Lauren M. Ross Senior Advisor|
|PROGRAM ADMINISTRATION OFFICE|
|PROGRAM SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT OFFICE|
|FIELD SUPPORT OPERATIONS|