To build program awareness and capacity!
â€śWe are using the NLPPW to create awareness of lead regulations to the Massachusetts Realtors Association. We will be speaking on lead abatement and disclosures to 100+ Realtors. Also producing podcast for Realtors statewide on the topic of lead.â€ť â€“ City of Worcester, MA
â€śNLPPW is a great opportunity to get more people working on lead. We are meeting with local contractors to discuss grant opportunities. 40 firms anticipated to attend.â€ť County of North Hampton, PA
â€śWe have decided to celebrate NLPPW by having a Proclamation of National Lead Poisoning Prevention Week in our community. We will use the focus of the observance to tell partners and citizens abut lead poisoning prevention and how to apply for resourcesâ€ť â€“ City of Waterloo, IA
Each year, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and our partners collaborate on a national outreach effort to observe National Lead Poisoning Prevention Week (NLPPW) , held this year from October 21-27. NLPPW is a call to action to bring together families, individuals, community-based organizations, state and local governments and others, to increase lead poisoning prevention awareness and increase efforts to reduce childhood exposure to lead. NLPPW also highlights the many ways parents can reduce childrenâ€™s exposure to lead in their home environment and prevent its serious health effects. There are three key themes this year:
- Get the Facts: Find out about the hazards of lead.
- Get Your Home Tested: Find out how to minimize risks of lead exposure by hiring a certified professional to test older homes for lead.
- Get Your Child Tested: A simple blood test can detect lead. Consult your health care provider for advice on testing your children.
The Partner Information Kit provides state and local governments and organizations with key materials and resources that are available for distribution to a wide array of audiences. The digital Partner Information Kit Includes:
- Basic Lead Poisoning Information
- Main Themes for Outreach
- Talking Points for Outreach
- Steps to Create Localized Outreach
- Downloadable Outreach Materials
- Social Media and Multimedia Outreach
Sample Social Media Package â€“ Actively spread the word about National Lead Poisoning Prevention Week by sharing messaging on social media using the hashtags #LeadFreeKids and #NLPPW2018.
Posters â€“ These may be customized to include an organizationâ€™s logo and information.
- English: Modifiable Poster
- Spanish: Modifiable Poster
- French: Modifiable Poster
- Arabic: Modifiable Poster
- Chinese: Modifiable Poster
- Russian: Modifiable Poster
Flyers â€“ These may be customized to include an organizationâ€™s logo and information.
- English: Modifiable Flyer
- Spanish: Modifiable Flyer
- French: Modifiable Flyer
- Arabic: Modifiable Flyer
- Chinese: Modifiable Flyer
- Russian: Modifiable Flyer
- White with blue background, available in English, Spanish, French, Arabic, Chinese, and Russian
- Blue with transparent background, available in English, Spanish, French, Arabic, Chinese, and Russian
Web Banners â€“ The following materials can be added to your website and are available in English.