National Healthy Homes Month 2018
June is National Healthy Homes Month!
This year's theme, Unlocking the Potential of America's Children: Check Your Home-Protect Your Family focuses on the opportunity to protect current and future generations of children from the exposures to lead from contaminated paint, dust and soil; through the importance of home assessments and the impact it has on your health.
During NHHM, we aim to:
1. Raise awareness of the importance of home assessments and their impact on health;
2. Educate the public about free, local resources available; and
3. Encourage implementation of local activities and events in target communities.
OLHCHH has created an 2018 NHHM Campaign Digital Resource Toolkit to provide state and local governments, Healthy Homes partners, and all organizations with key materials and resources to help and encourage local implementation. The digital resource toolkit includes:â€‹
- Campaign Theme and Goals
- Tips for Developing a Campaign
- Recommended Outreach Activities
- Suggested Social Messaging
- Logos/Poster Template
- Additional Multimedia/Digital Resources
- HealthyHomes Videos (YouTube)
- *NEW* St. Joseph, Missouri Healthy Homes Proclamation 2018
- *NEW* Lakewood, CO National Healthy Homes Month Proclamation 2018
- *NEW* Montana Governor Letter Recognizing June 2018 as HUD Healthy Homes Month
- *NEW* National Healthy Homes Month Event Calendar (Click here)
Sign up to receive the Healthy Homes Insider, OLHCHH's quarterly eNewsletter, as well as other communications; all year long!