On August 25, 2015, HUD launched a new system, the Section 3 Performance Evaluation and Registration System (SPEARS) to capture data on the number of Section 3 residents hired or receiving training positions and the amount of contracts awarded to Section 3 businesses.
Pursuant to 24 CFR Part 135.90, direct recipients of HUD financial assistance should submit reports to HUD for the purpose of determining the effectiveness of Section 3. Direct recipients include public housing authorities, entitlement communities, states, and certain NOFA grantees that utilize HUD funding for construction and rehabilitation activities.
Complete the following steps to submit Form HUD 60002
To access Form HUD 60002, you and your Agency will need to register the HUD’s Web Access Secure System (WASS). Once all the steps below have been completed below, you can access and submit Form HUD 60002. Please refer to the SPEARS User Registration Guide.
- STEP 1 - REGISTER YOUR AGENCY – Organization must be recognized in WASS as a Multifamily Housing Entity (PHAs, entitlement communities, States and HUD NOFA grantees)
- STEP 2 - REGISTER AS A COORDINATOR OR USER * - WASS ID associated with a Multifamily Business Partner Organization by Tax ID
- STEP 3 - ASSIGN SPEARS ROLES (COORDINATORS ONLY) - See SPEARS User Registration Guide - Steps 3 and 5)
- STEP 4 - SUBMIT FORM HUD 60002
* In order to complete and obtain access to Form HUD 60002, all agencies need an active System Coordinator to grant access to SPEARS users.
What’s New in SPEARS