Home / Program Offices / FHEO Home / Get Help Before Reporting Housing Discrimination
Get Help Before Reporting Housing Discrimination

Before reporting housing discrimination with FHEO, you may wish to seek help from the following resources.

Regional and Field FHEO Offices


Your local FHEO office may be able to answer your fair housing questions. Get contact information for FHEO offices here.


Fair Housing Initiatives Program (FHIP) Organizations


Organizations that participate in HUD’s Fair Housing Initiatives Program (FHIP) may be able to speak to a housing provider on your behalf, conduct an investigation, including testing, to help determine if you experienced discrimination, or otherwise provide you with information and assistance. To find your local FHIP organizations, visit here.


Other Offices of HUD


While FHEO investigates certain types of housing discrimination allegations, other offices of HUD might be able to assist with your allegation, including the following:


Equal Access Rule and Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Allegations

Allegations involving a violation of HUD program regulations that prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, and marital status, or that allege discrimination related to VAWA can be reported to FHEO or the program office that is responsible for the program in which the alleged violation occurred. Get contact information for local HUD offices here.

Multifamily Housing Allegations

Allegations about the management of HUD-insured and HUD-assisted properties, including poor maintenance, dangers to health and safety, mismanagement, and fraud, can be reported to the Multifamily Housing Complaint Line at:


Housing Choice Voucher Allegations

Allegations, other than allegations related to discrimination, about Housing Choice Vouchers can be reported to the Public and Indian Housing Resource Center at:

or 1-800-955-2232

You can also contact your local HUD office here.


Reporting Housing Discrimination >