Home / Program Offices / FHEO Home / Reporting Housing Discrimination in Languages Other Than English
Reporting Housing Discrimination in Languages Other Than English

How to report housing discrimination in languages other than English.

View This Page in Other Languages



How to Report Housing Discrimination


It is illegal to discriminate in the sale or rental of housing, mortgage lending, and other housing-related transactions, based on race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, or familial status (having minor children or being pregnant). The law imposes additional requirements on recipients of HUD funding, which include taking reasonable steps to provide meaningful access to their programs and activities to people who do not speak, read, write or understand English proficiently. If you believe you have been discriminated against, you can report housing discrimination with HUD’s Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity (FHEO) by calling 1-800-669-9777 (or 1-800-927-9275 for TTY). When you call, if you do not speak or understand English proficiently, an interpreter who speaks your language will be placed on the call. You can report housing discrimination with FHEO whether or not you are a U.S. citizen.

You can also report housing discrimination online using HUD’s housing discrimination form in the following additional languages: Español, 中文, Tiếng Việt, 한국인, العربية, Русский, ខ្មែរ, and Soomaali.

If you are mailing a report of housing discrimination, you can download or print the form in Español, 繁體中文, Tiếng Việt, 한국인, عربي, Русский, ខ្មែរ, and Soomaali.


Additional Resources



Reporting Housing Discrimination >