Strategies for Compliant Kitchens
This curriculum provides an in depth overview of the technical specifications for kitchens under the accessibility requirements of the Fair Housing Act. Not only will participants become familiar with the design specifications, they will also learn useful strategies for creating attractive compliant kitchens.
Time to Complete: 90 minutes
What is Covered?
- Dimensional specifications and clearances required by Fair Housing Act Requirement 7 for kitchens
- Elements of kitchen design and construction that are subject to Fair Housing Act specifications and requirements
- Other Fair Housing Act requirements that apply to kitchens
- Strategies and tips for creating attractive compliant kitchens
Who Should Attend?
- Architects and Designers
- Developers and Builders
- Disability and Housing Advocates
How Will You Benefit? You will:
- Enhance your understanding of the technical requirements for kitchens under the Fair Housing Act
- Gain practical knowledge to apply when designing kitchens
- Learn strategies and tips for creating attractive compliant kitchens
- Obtain resources to aid you in compliance
Fair Housing Accessibility FIRST has been contracted by HUD to provide information, materials, and technical assistance to all relevant stakeholders about the accessibility design and construction requirements of the Fair Housing Act as amended in 1988. However, Fair Housing Accessibility FIRST is not responsible for enforcement of the Fair Housing Act. The information, materials, and technical assistance are intended solely as informal guidance and are neither a determination of legal responsibilities under the Fair Housing Act nor binding on any agency with enforcement responsibility under the Fair Housing Act.