The Rural Gateway is an information clearinghouse providing technical assistance, training workshops, and peer learning and resources sharing to support rural housing and economic development.
- HUD's Rural Gateway Clearinghouse Community and Economic Development Explainers
- Technical assistance questions: 1-877-RURAL-26 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Economic Development Cluster | Federal HBCU Interagency Working Group
- HBCU Economic Development Profiles - The Economic Development Cluster of the Federal Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) Interagency Working Group launched the HBCU Economic Development Profiles Tool. This tool can provide insight into how universities and colleges can work with regional economic development ecosystems to successfully serve as a means to engage community leaders, leverage the involvement of the private sector, and establish a strategic blueprint for regional collaboration. The Economic Development Cluster is supported by a collaboration between the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. Department of Agriculture, and the U.S. Department of Treasury.
- Rural Gateway Program Resources
- FY 2023 SHOP NOFO Informational Guide
Content current as of November 24, 2023.
Additional Federal Rural Serving Programs
- Healthcare Programs for Rural Hospitals
- USDA Rural Development (RD)
- USDA Economic Research Service (ERS)
Other Economic Development Programs
- Self-Help Homeownership Opportunity Program (SHOP)
- Veterans Housing Rehabilitation and Modification Pilot Program (VHRMP)