Policy and Guidance
Find information below about policy and guidance on Real Estate Acquisition and Relocation under the Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act (URA) and other HUD requirements.
- HUD Handbook 1378: Tenant Assistance, Relocation and Real Property Acquisition
- CPD Monitoring Handbook (6509.2 REV 6) Chapter 25 - Relocation and Real Property Acquisition
- H 2014-09/PIH 2014-17: Relocation Requirements under the RAD Program, Public Housing in the First Component
- CPD-14-09: Effective Date of MAP-21 Changes to Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970, as amended Payment Limits and Replacement Housing Payment Eligibility Criteria
- CPD-14-05: Internal Administrative Process for HUD Review of Appeals Filed Under the URA and Section 104(d) of the HCD Act of 1974
- PIH 2012-08: Guidance for Obtaining HUD Consent for Takings of Public Housing Property by Eminent Domain
- CPD-11-09/PIH-11-51: Promoting Partnerships to Utilize Housing as a Platform for Improving Quality of Life
Federal Register Notices
- Volume 79, No. 97 - Federally Mandated Exclusions From Income
- Volume 72, No. 13 - Final Guidance to Federal Financial Assistance Recipients Regarding Title VI Prohibition Against National Origin Discrimination Affecting Limited English Proficiency Persons
- Volume 71, No. 136 - Statutory Prohibition on Use of HUD FY 2006 Funds for Eminent Domain- Related Activities
- URA and Section 104(d) Relocation Comparison Chart
- CDBG-DR Consolidated Notice - URA, Section 104(d), and related CDBG Program Requirements Fact SheetNEW
Content current as of April 28, 2022.