Homeless Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) COVID-19 Grantee Guidance
Funding and Award Information
- ESG-CV Award Letters Distributed (April 7, 2020)
- HUD Announces $2.96 Billion in ESG-CV Awards (June 9, 2020)
Program Notices and Waivers
- Flexibilities/Waivers Granted by the CARES Act + Mega Waiver and Guidance (June 22, 2020) â€“ PDF
- Availability of Additional Waivers for CPD Grant Programs to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 and Mitigate Economic Impacts Caused by COVID-19 (May 22, 2020) - PDF
- Availability of a Waiver and Alternate Requirement for the Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (Performance Report) for CPD Grant Programs in Response to the Spread of Coronavirus (May 7, 2020) â€“ PDF
- CARES Act Flexibilities for ESG and HOPWA Funds Used to Support Coronavirus Response and Plan Amendment Waiver (May 4, 2020) â€“ PDF
- CoC Program Expedited COVID-19 Grant Agreement Amendments
- Availability of Waivers of Community Planning and Development (CPD) Grant Program and Consolidated Plan Requirements to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 and Mitigate Economic Impacts Caused by COVID-19 (March 31, 2020) â€“ PDF
- May recipients and subrecipients of CoC Program funds purchase cell phones and wireless service plans for program participants to use when receiving supportive services?
- Can CoC project administrative funds be used to train recipient staff to safely deliver assistance during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Can ESG funds be used to train staff on how to deliver services during the COVID-19 pandemic, including how to recognize symptoms, how to protect recipient staff from infection, and how to protect against spreading the virus while providing assistance?
COVID-19 Toolkit and Guidance
- Federal Funding Priority Order For Non-Congregate Shelter During COVID-19 (June 23, 2020) â€“ PDF
- COVID-19 Homeless System Response: Five Things to Consider When Investing ESG in Homelessness Prevention (June 11, 2020)
- Setting Up a Substantial Amendment for CARES Act Funding (May 4, 2020) - PDF
- Interim guidance for homeless service providers to plan and respond to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) - PDF
- Using CoC Program Funds for Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response (March 13, 2020)
- Infectious Disease Toolkit for CoCs
- COVID-19 Prevention and Response for Homeless Providers: Resource Digests
- Upcoming Office Hours: COVID-19 Planning and Response (Fridays at 2:30 PM EDT)
- COVID-19 Office Hours for ESG State Recipients (May 4, 2020)
- Special COVID-19 Office Hours for ESG Recipients (April 27, 2020)
- COVID-19 Planning and Response Recorded Office Hours (March 13, 2020)
- View Recorded SNAPS COVID-19 Webinars and Office Hours
- Emergency Solutions Grants Program
- HOPWA Guidance for COVID-19 - review additional ESG guidance and Technical Assistance materials.
Content current as of July 29, 2020.