In response to a Congressional request, HUD’s Office of Block Grant Assistance hosted a webinar series among its Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) grantees to identify CDBG management best practice strategies in four specific areas:
- Prioritizing greatest needs, to ensure a jurisdiction’s community challenges are met
- Grant oversight and transparency, to prevent fraud
- Reducing administrative costs, to ensure that the CDBG program is managed efficiently
- Leveraging CDBG funds, to maximize the CDBG investment for projects and activities
The best practices and creative strategies found on this page have been identified from across the country to provide technical expertise to struggling grantees and to new staff, unfamiliar with the CDBG program. The objective is to increase knowledge-sharing and develop stronger peer-to-peer networks amongst CDBG grantees with strong program models that can be replicated.
- To access the links to the webinars on the four topics listed above, visit CDBG Best Practices.
Content current as of April 1, 2021.