The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) published 87 FR 6364 (“2020 CDBG-DR Notice”) on February 3, 2022 and 87 FR 31636 (“2020 and 2021 CDBG-DR Notice”) on May 24, 2022. These Notices combine “allocation-specific” requirements in the Allocation Announcement Notice (AAN) and “consolidated requirements” in the CDBG-DR Consolidated Notice (Appendix B of the Notice).
The CDBG-DR Consolidated Notice combines and updates requirements from several different Federal Register notices and CPD Notices that have governed CDBG-DR funds in the past. Additionally, the Consolidated Notice includes significant changes in CDBG-DR policies to reflect the Administration’s priorities of combatting climate change and achieving more equitable disaster recovery outcomes. Many of these changes are summarized in the accompanying Fact Sheets and Training.
- 87 FR 31636 (English)
HUD’s pre-recorded webinars focus on requirements tied to 2020 CDBG-DR grants and the topics listed in the AAN and the Consolidated Notice.
- AAN and the Consolidated Notice Overview
- 2020 CDBG-DR Notice Overview
- 2020 and 2021 CDBG-DR Notice Overview
- Climate Action, Advancing Equity, and Disaster Recovery: What's New in CDBG-DR
- Financial Management and Grant Compliance Certification Requirements
- CDBG-DR Consolidated Notice: URA, 104d, and CDBG Related Requirements Webinar
- DRGR Grantee Public Action Training (Pre-Recorded Training)
- DRGR Action Plan Webinar for Grantees (Live Webinar)
- DRGR Public Action Plan Training for Grantees (June 2022)
HUD has created the following fact sheets to summarize topics and requirements listed in the AAN and the Consolidated Notice to help grantees understand and expand on the requirements of the notice.
- Advancing Equity in CDBG-DR
- CDBG-DR Mitigation Set-Aside
- Climate Resilience and Disaster Recovery at HUD
- URA, Section 104(d), and related CDBG Program Requirements
These documents include checklists, templates, and guidance that will be used by grantees as well as HUD staff to help ensure compliance with the requirements of the notice.
Materials Needed for CDBG-DR Grantee's Financial Management and Grant Compliance Certification Requirements:
- Financial Management and Grant Compliance Certification Requirements for State Grantees 2020 and 2021 Disasters
- Financial Management and Grant Compliance Certification Requirements for Local Grantees 2021 Disasters
- Financial Management and Grant Compliance Certification Requirements HUD Review Checklist
Guidance and Materials related to the Disaster Recovery Grant Reporting System (DRGR):
- DRGR Guidance for CDBG-DR Grantees under Public Law 117-43
- DRGR Grantee Programs Projections Upload Templates Fact Sheet
- DRGR Upload Template: Grantee Programs Expenditure Projections - Add and Edit (GPExpenditureProjectionAddEdit.csv)
- DRGR Upload Template: Grantee Programs Outcome Projections - Add and Edit (GPOutcomeProjectionAddEdit.csv)
Materials related to the Implementation Plan, the Action Plan, and the Action Plan for Program Administrative Costs:
- CDBG-DR Public Action Plan HUD Review Checklist for Substantial Amendments for Grants Under Public Law 117-43
- Optional Action Plan Template for Program Administrative Costs
- HUD Review Checklist: Action Plan for Program Administrative Costs
- CDBG-DR Implementation Plan HUD Review Checklist for 2020 Grantees
- CDBG-DR Public Action Plan HUD Review Checklist for Grants Under Public Law 117-43
Content current as of September 07, 2022.