HOME training materials provide detailed guidance in the area of community development, as well as specific trainings for the HOME Program. HOME Training Materials give support to HUD staff and our PJs.
Much of the training material provided via the links below is in either Microsoft PowerPoint and/or Adobe PDF format. Powerpoint is a good format to use if you are planning a demonstration on the material covered in the manual. You may save the file locally and then open it in Microsoft PowerPoint. If you don't have Microsoft PowerPoint, you may visit the Microsoft Web site and download the free PowerPoint Viewer. If you aren't planning on using the slides for a demonstration, you can choose to view them in PDF format.
Building HOME: a HOME Program Primer
This course provides a detailed explanation of the HOME Program, including HOME requirements and rules, eligible activities, eligible forms of match, and HOME monitoring and reporting.
Additional course manuals and overheads will be posted in the coming weeks.
A list of all Model Program Guides dating back to 1993 are available.
- Compliance in HOME Rental Projects: A Guide for PJs
HUD-2009 HOMERental PJ
- Compliance in HOME Rental Projects: A Guide for Property Owners
HUD-2009 HOMERental PO
- Building ENERGY STAR Qualified Homes and Incorporating Energy Efficiency and "Green" Building Practices into HOME-funded Affordable Housing
HUD-2008-09-Building Energy Star Qualified Homes
- Fair Housing for HOME Participants (Description)
- Technical Guide for Determining Income and Allowances for the HOME Program (Description)
- CHDO Toolbox for HOME PJs: Tools for Managing Your CHDO Relationships (Description)
- HOME and Neighborhoods: A Guide to Comprehensive Revitalization Techniques (Description)
- Good Habits of a Highly Effective Rehabilitation Manager (Description)
- Measuring Up: Productivity and Performance in the HOME Program (Description)
- Mixed-Income Housing and the HOME Program (Description)
- Fitting the Pieces Together: Using Public and Private Financing Tools with HOME-Assisted Homebuyer Programs (Description)
- HOME Program Rehabilitation Tune-up Kit (Description)
- Community Housing Development Organizations
- Ensuring Program Compliance
- Forging Partnerships for Long-Term Success
- HOME Front Website Resource List
- HOME Program Accomplishments
- HOME Program Overview
- Homebuyer Activities
- Homeowner Rehabilitation
- Rental Housing Development
- Tenant-Based Rental Assistance
- The HOME Snapshot: Key Tool for Measuring PJ Performance
- Anne Arundel County, MD: Meeting Special Needs with HOME Funds
- Charleston, South Carolina: Developing Rental Housing with HOME Funds
- Fremont, CA: Housing Development Contributes to Comprehensive Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy
- Tierra Madre: Creating Homeownership Opportunities Through a Community Land Trust in New Mexico