An estimated 12 million renter and homeowner households now pay more than 50% of their annual incomes for housing. If a family pays more than 30% of their income for housing, it is considered a cost burden. To help address this cost burden, the Office of Affordable Housing administers the following programs:
- Find Homelessness Assistance for housing, youth, veterans, or chronically homeless
- Get Housing Assistance on renting, buying, or owning
- Find help for victims of foreclosure
- Find HOME Grantees
- HOME Program Resources
- HOME Appropriations, Allocations & Awards
- For program support, contact your local CPD Field Office.
Content current as of July 27, 2020.