Community Planning and Development
The Office of Community Planning and Development (CPD) seeks to develop viable communities by promoting integrated approaches that provide decent housing, a suitable living environment, and expand economic opportunities for low and moderate income persons. The primary means towards this end is the development of partnerships among all levels of government and the private sector, including for-profit and non-profit organizations.
Underlying principles in carrying out our mission:
- Community building begins with job creation, employment, and creation of safe, decent and affordable housing.
- Planning and execution of community development initiatives must be bottom up and community driven.
- Complex problems require coordinated, comprehensive, and sustainable solutions.
- Government must be streamlined to be made more efficient and effective.
- Citizen participation in Federal, State, and local government can be increased through communication and better access to information.
- Interim guidance for homeless service providers to plan and respond to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) - PDF
- COVID-19 Planning and Response Recorded Webinar (March 13, 2020)
- COVID-19 Planning and Response Recorded Office Hours (March 13, 2020)
- Quick Guide to CDBG Eligible Activities to Support Infectious Disease Response
Content current as of March 13, 2020.