Policies are the generally high-level statements of agency requirements driven by statute, Executive Order, or Congressional mandate. They describe the "what" and the "when" for institutionalizing the Information Technology Management (ITM) Framework.
Oversight groups (the President; Congress, Office of Management and Budget (OMB); General Services Agency (GSA); Office of Personnel Management (OPM); etc.) set the standards, the goals, and the expectations that all Cabinet-Level Departments and their equivalents are required to meet.
- Information Technology Management Framework Policy
- Information Technology Capital Management Policy. The policy is superseded by the HUD IT Capital Planning and Investment Control Process Guide, published in 2020.
- Project Planning and Management Policy
- Information Technology Governance Policy
- Information Technology Strategic Planning Policy