Resources for Individuals
- Contact your local government for help - directory of official state, county and local government websites.
- HUD-approved Housing Counseling - HUD funds housing counseling agencies throughout the country who can give you advice on buying a home, renting, defaults, foreclosures, credit issues and reverse mortgages.h
- Local Homebuyer Programs - in addition to HUD's mortgage insurance programs, there may be programs sponsored by your state or local government or other organizations.
- Low Downpayment Information - will facilitate approval of downpayment assistance through secondary financing programs and will permit nonprofit and government agencies greater flexibility in providing downpayment and other assistance to prospective homeowners through secondary financing.
- Home Improvement Help - facts and the pitfalls of home improvements.
- Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) - allows very low-income families to choose and lease or purchase safe, decent, and affordable privately owned rental housing.
- Starting your own business - Be prepared and understand the basics from the Small Business Administration.
- Benefits.gov - helps citizens access government benefit eligibility information through a free, confidential, and easy-to-use online screening tool. After answering some basic questions, you will get a a report listing the benefit programs for which you may be eligible.