The individuals listed in these files are entitled to either of two types of payments: (1) a distributive share payment or (2) an Upfront Mortgage Insurance Premium (UFMIP) refund.
HUD attempts to contact mortgagors who are due refunds; however, HUD was unable to locate these individuals who are due payments. After a 2-year location cycle, information on cases remaining unpaid is made available for release to the public under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) of 1986, as amended.
The files include:
- mortgages which were paid off from 1977 through 2 years ago
- mortgagor name, property address (multiple records if more than one mortgagor)
- address of last known residence of payee
- name and address if check was issued and returned
- amount owed mortgagor
- pertinent dates associated with terminated case
For additional information or to search the HUD refund database, visit Does HUD Owe You a Refund?
Information on un-located mortgagors is updated monthly and may contain cases for which payments are being processed or which have been paid since the creation of the list.
The current files contain all unpaid cases through June 30, 2016.
(Click on name of the State listed below to download the file)
* These are compressed (zipped) files due to large size or combined multiple state files.
For additional information or technical support please contact HUD's Support Service Center @ 1-800-697-6967.