|HUD No. 20-043
HUD Public Affairs
March 19, 2020
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT | SECRETARY CARSON APPLAUDS GOVERNOR FOR TAKING ACTION TO PROTECT HOMELESS
HUD provides toolkits and virtual office hours for homeless service providers and communities
Today, Secretary Carson praised California Governor Gavin Newsom’s actions to provide unsheltered homeless populations with emergency housing options to protect them and prevent the spread of coronavirus.
In an ongoing effort to provide updated information regarding Coronavirus, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has taken action by creating a COVID-19 resource center, https://ww.hud.gov/coronavirus, with action plans, tools, and targeted information for HUD-assisted individuals and communities. Through collaboration and coordination with State and local health departments, housing providers can take critical action to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
HUD has provided the following resources for homelessness service providers and State and local governments:
- Disease Risks and Homelessness
- Preventing and Managing the Spread of Infectious Disease for People Experiencing Homelessness
- Preventing and Managing the Spread of Infectious Disease within Shelters
- Preventing and Managing the Spread of Infectious Disease within Encampments
- Infectious Disease Preparedness Guidance for Homeless Assistance Providers
- Using CoC Program Funds for Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response