COVID-19 Prevention and Response for Homeless Providers: Daily Resource Digest
Digest for April 27, 2020
The recent emergence of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) calls for enhanced cooperation between public health authorities, homeless service systems, and other partners at the local level. To support these partnerships and the vulnerable households served, relevant federal agencies are issuing guidance from subject matter experts on lessons learned from previous response efforts to infectious diseases.
Below are new resources from HUD’s Office of Special Needs Assistance Programs (SNAPS) and their federal, state, and local partners. SNAPS will share daily updates highlighting new COVID-19 prevention and response resources targeted to homeless providers.
Visit the SNAPS Disease Risks and Homelessness page for a full list of COVID-19 infectious disease prevention and response resources.
Other HUD Programs:
The following COVID-19 resources are available from HUD’s Office of Public and Indian Housing (PIH):
- Notice PIH 2020-05 “COVID-19 Statutory and Regulatory Waivers for the Public Housing, Housing Choice Voucher, Indian Housing Block Grant and Indian Community Development Block Grant programs, Suspension of Public Housing Assessment System and Section Eight Management Assessment Program,” published April 10, 2020
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions for Public Housing Agencies, published March 30, 2020
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions for Tribes and TDHEs, published March 20, 2020
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions fo Multi-Family Stakeholders (Including PBRA and RAD FAQs), updated April 2, 2020
- FAQs on the eviction moratorium, published April 21, 2020
For questions about Notice PIH 2020-05: PIH-COVIDWAIVERS@hud.gov. For general COVID-related questions: PIH-COVID@hud.gov