Home / FAQs / Refunds
About FHA

Who do I talk to about an FHA mortgage?

Answer: You'll need to talk to a HUD-approved lender and ask them about FHA mortgages.

Contact our FHA Resource Center at answers@hud.gov or by phone at 1-800-CALLFHA for information about FHA mortgages.

Contact a housing counseling agency to see if there are any other financing options that might work for you.


How can I find out if I am due a refund of my FHA mortgage premium?

Answer: Check our list. If your name appears, call (800) 697-6967 for more information. You should provide your FHA case number, if you know it.


I recently was contacted by someone who said that HUD owes me money and he could get it for me. Is this true? Is it legal?

Answer: HUD has stepped up its efforts to locate homeowners who are owned FHA refunds. This will save people the "finders fees" normally collected by third party tracers.

Other "tracer" companies are legal. But they do not represent HUD, and they will charge you a fee. You do not have to use a tracer to get your refund, if you are owed one.

More information about FHA refunds.