Home / FAQs / Relocation, Foreclosure and Eviction
Relocation, Foreclosure and Eviction

What can I do if the government is talking about buying my home/business, forcing me to relocate?

Answer: You do have rights when a public agency acquires, rehabilitates, or demolishes your property, whether it's a private home, business, farm, or nonprofit organization. We have information about the process, how the amount of the offer to you will be determined, and what you can do if you don't want to accept the offer. Read about relocation assistance.

Can HUD help me if I haven't been able to make my mortgage payments and I'm about to lose my home?

Answer: Contact one of the HUD-approved housing counseling agencies near you. Or you can call the Housing Counseling Hotline at (800) 569-4287. Also, read our tips on avoiding foreclosure.

I have an FHA loan and I want to avoid foreclosure.

Answer: Contact our National Servicing Center for assistance.  You may call the Center toll-free at (888) 297-8685, or email them at mhsg-lossmit@hud.gov.

You should also read our tips on avoiding foreclosure.

What can I do I've received an eviction notice?

Answer: You should contact a local legal assistance provider for advice. You should be able to find legal resources in your local phone directory. Also, you may want to check our links to local tenant rights, laws, and protections in your state.

More information about foreclosure.