PIH 2021-20: EHV Household Reporting Requirements Published 6/30/2021
Emergency Housing Vouchers
The Emergency Housing Voucher (EHV) program is available through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). Through EHV, HUD is providing 70,000 housing choice vouchers to local Public Housing Authorities (PHAs) in order to assist individuals and families who are:
- At risk of homelessness,
- Fleeing, or attempting to flee, domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, or human trafficking, or
- Were recently homeless or have a high risk of housing instability.
IMPORTANT NOTE: PHAs have until October 17, 2021 to submit a form HUD-50058/form HUD-50058 MTW for all EHVs issued on or before October 3, 2021 in order to be eligible for the $100 Issuance Reporting Fee.
Guidance on reporting EHV issuances when submitting the HUD-50058/HUD-50058 MTW in IMS/PIC:
- PHAs should report in line 2n when submitting the HUD-50058 by entering “EHV”.
- MTW PHAs that have received HUD approval to apply MTW flexibilities to EHV vouchers may report household participant data on the HUD-50058 MTW and must enter “EHV” on line 2p and leave line 2n blank.
IMPORTANT NOTE: PHAs can request a per unit cost (PUC) increase for their EHVs.
- The initial funding increment for the EHV allocation is based on the PHA's PUC for the PHA's HCV program, adjusted for inflation and taking into consideration that the initial term is longer than 12 months.
- HUD will adjust the initial funding amount based on the actual costs incurred upon request by the PHA to ensure the PHA has sufficient funding during the initial funding term to lease all of its EHVs and pay its EHV HAP costs through December 31, 2022.
- If the PHA believes that an adjustment is needed, it should contact its financial analyst in HUD's Office of Housing Voucher Programs Financial Management Center (FMC).
UPCOMING EHV OFFICE HOURS
| Sept. 28, 2021
|Compliance and Recordkeeping in the EHV Program. Focuses on PHA compliance with EHV programmatic and financial recordkeeping requirements.||https://zoom.us/j/99871922141
|Oct. 12, 2021
|Tracking Program Progress & Making Course Adjustments. Focuses on how communities are reviewing and tracking goals and benchmarks established in their MOU for utilization of EHVs.|
|Oct. 26, 2021
|Administrative Plan Amendments and Process. Provides an overview of EHV requirements related to Administrative Plan amendments and process including information on what constitutes a significant amendment, when public notice or public comment is required and quality assurance tips for success.|
Nov. 9, 2021
|Best Practices for Housing Search and Tenant Readiness Services. This session will focus on the housing search process, how EHV service fees may be used to incentivize landlord participation and will highlight best practices in programs tailored to aide prospective PHA participants in overcoming barriers to access and maintain housing.|