CDC Eviction Moratorium
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) extended the Order banning evictions for certain renters until June 30, 2021. The CDC Order is a temporary eviction moratorium to protect public health and prevent further spread of COVID-19.
- Dear Tribal Leader Letter - Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Issues an Order extending the Eviction Moratorium to June 30, 2021
- Federal Register Notice: Temporary Halt in Residential Evictions to Prevent the Further Spread of COVID-19 (expires June 30, 2021)
- HHS/CDC FAQs (February 2, 2021)
- HUD PIH FAQs (February 5, 2021)
- Resident Declaration Form (form expires September 30, 2021)
- â€‹For other languages, click here
PHA and Transit Agency Partnership Resources
On November 12, 2020, PIH and the Federal Transportation Administration (FTA) partnered to educate stakeholders on how public housing authorities can coordinate with transit agencies, local municipalities, and school districts to provide essential services in their communities, including access to transportation, education support services (such as WiFi), food, medical appointments, and other essential services.
- DOT-FTA HUD-PIH Partnership Letter
- DOT-FTA HUD-PIH Partnership for COVID-19 Recovery Fact Sheet
- List of State Departments of Transportation for Community Partnerships (MS-Excel)
- List of Transit Agencies for Community Partnerships (MS-Excel)
Eviction Prevention and Stability Toolkit
Building on innovative practices from PHAs around the country and existing HUD guidance, this toolkit offers information and resources to PHAs and HCV landlords on ways to stabilize families during and after COVID-19. The toolkit includes the following eight attachments:
- Attachment 1: PHA Brochure contains information on permitting repayment agreements and updating repayment agreement policies, adopting policies for retroactive interim reexaminations, directing outreach to households behind on rent, reviewing policies on minimum rent and financial hardship exemptions, and positioning residents for stability during and after COVID-19.
- Attachment 2: Tenant Brochure can be distributed to tenants to prevent eviction for non-payment of rent as the end of the eviction moratorium approaches. There are also helpful updates on COVID-19 information and safety concerns, Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) protections, and resources related to tenant needs.
- Attachment 3: Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Landlord Flyer can be shared with HCV landlords to encourage them to coordinate with the PHA and engage with their tenants before the end of the eviction moratorium. The flyer also encourages landlords to set up a repayment agreement if the household cannot repay unpaid rent in a lump sum by July 24, 2020.
- Attachment 4: Repayment Agreement Guidance centralizes HUD guidance on repayment agreements for PHAs and HCV landlords.
- Attachment 5, Attachment 6, and Attachment 7: Examples of Repayment Agreements from PHAs. Attachment 5 and 6 are sample repayment agreements for public housing participants. Attachment 7 is a sample repayment agreement from an HCV Only Agency.
- Attachment 8: COVID-19 Resident Needs Assessment Survey created by Urban Strategies, Inc., can be used to identify resident needs and potential reasons for nonpayment of rent. It is intended to be used to facilitate a one-on-one conversation with the household (e.g., by phone, in-person, or other direct communication).
- HUD Eviction Prevention and Stability Toolkit (July 8, 2020)
- COVID-19 Quick Guide
- COVID-19 Interaction Playbook for Housing Partners (*Note: Google Chrome is preferred web browser to view this document.)
- COVID-19 Guidance for Housing Partners
- Coronavirus Prevention Flyer
- PHA Disaster Readiness and Preparation Guide
- PIH Notice 2020-33: COVID-19 Statutory and Regulatory Waivers and Alternative Requirements for the Public Housing, Housing Choice Voucher (including Mainstream and Mod Rehab), Indian Housing Block Grant and Indian Community Development Block Grant programs, Suspension of Public Housing Assessment System and Section Eight Management Assessment Program, Revision 2 (November 30, 2020)
- PIH Notice 2020-32: Guidance for PHAs on the Allowability of Remote Hearings and Remote Briefings. (November 20, 2020)
- PIH Notice 2020-31: Remote Video Inspections for Housing Choice Voucher Program (November 12, 2020)
- PIH Notice 2020-26: Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) â€“ Supplemental COVID-19 Guidance (September 18, 2020)
- PIH Notice 2020-24: Extension of Period of Availability for CARES Act Supplemental Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher Funds, Guidance on CARES Act Financial Reporting Requirements (FDS and Quarterly Reporting), and Other CARES Act Provisions (September 15, 2020)
- PIH Notice 2020-22: CARES Act Implementation for the Mainstream Voucher Program (September 8, 2020)
- PIH Notice 2020-20: Section 8 Moderate Rehabilitation Program â€“ CARES Act Supplemental HAP Funding Allocation and COVID-19 Waivers and Alternative Requirements (August 26, 2020)
- PIH Notice 2020-18: CARES Act â€“ HCV Program Administrative Fees â€“ Second Award (July 31, 2020)
- PIH Notice 2020-17: CARES Act â€“ Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) Supplemental Funding (July 31, 2020)
- PIH Notice 2020-16: Implementation of Public Housing Operating Fund Shortfall Funding from Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 2020 Appropriations (July 28, 2020)
- PIH Notice 2020-08: CARES Act â€“ HCV Program Administrative Fees (April 28, 2020)
- PIH Notice 2020-07: Implementation of Supplemental Guidance to the Federal Fiscal Year 2020 Operating Fund Appropriations (April 28, 2020)
- PIH Notice 2020-05: COVID-19 Statutory and Regulatory Waivers (April 10, 2020)
(*NOTE: The FAQs for the eviction moratorium have been updated. Please refer to the most recent version of FAQs for Public Housing Agencies)
- HUD PIH FAQs (November 18, 2020)
- Frequently Asked Questions for Public Housing Agencies (September 29, 2020)
- Frequently Asked Questions for Public Housing Agencies (July 16, 2020)
- Frequently Asked Questions for Public Housing Agencies (May 29, 2020)
- Frequently Asked Questions for Tribes and Tribally Designated Housing Entities (TDHEs) (May 11th, 2020)
- Frequently Asked Questions (April 22, 2020)
- Frequently Asked Questions (March 30, 2020)
- Frequently Asked Questions for Tribes and Tribally Designated Housing Entities (TDHEs) (March 30, 2020)
- Frequently Asked Questions (March 13, 2020)
Letters from HUD