- New RAD Supplemental Notice 4B. The new Supplemental Notice implements additional budget authority and new flexibilities for Section 202 PRAC conversions; strengthens and expands resident engagement requirements; establishes new energy efficiency and climate resilience standards and requirements; and makes it easier for PHAs to use “RAD & Section 18 Blends” or the new “Faircloth-to-RAD” process to transform and expand their affordable housing stock. (7/27/2023)
- RAD Notice Revision 4 as amended by RAD Supplemental Notice 4B (Published 7/31/2023)
- RAD Supplemental Notice Overview Webinar (YouTube video Recorded 8/9/2023)
HUD published Revision 4 of the Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) Notice (Notice H-2019-09 / PIH 2019-23 (HA) on September 5, 2019. The revised Notice implements the recently enacted authority of the 2018 Consolidated Appropriations Act, which authorized the conversion of affordable housing for the elderly supported by eligible Section 202 Project Rental Assistance Contracts (PRACs) to Section 8 project-based rental assistance (PBRA) or project-based voucher (PBV) contracts under the Second Component of RAD to preserve housing that serves the nation’s most vulnerable elderly residents. The option to convert to long-term Section 8 assistance under RAD provides an opportunity for the aging stock of Section 202 PRAC properties to be recapitalized while protecting residents, maintaining non-profit control, and extending the period that the properties must remain affordable. Section IV of the RAD Notice provides program instructions and requirements for owners of Section 202 PRAC projects.
How Owners May Apply
Non-profit owners may make an initial submission of interest to undertake a conversion through the RAD Resource Desk. HUD will use the initial submission of interest in order to assign a Transaction Manager, who will make contact to discuss the conversion process and the Project Owner’s goals for the Project.
RAD for PRAC Forms
The list below is the Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) multifamily housing forms for the Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA) Collection 2502-0612. The forms are approved by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and expires on July 31, 2025.
- HUD 5894 - RAD Elderly Use Agreement (Updated 8/5/2022)
- HUD 5895 - RAD Section 202 PRAC Conversion Agreement (Updated 8/5/2022)
- HUD 5896 - Part I PBRA Housing Assistance Payments Contract (Updated 8/18/2023)
- HUD 5897 - Part II PBRA Housing Assistance Payments Contract (Updated 8/18/2023)
- HUD 5898 - Part I PBV Housing Assistance Payments Contract (Updated 8/5/2022)
- HUD 5899 - Part II PBV Housing Assistance Payments Contract (Updated 8/5/2022)
- HUD 5904 - RAD PRAC Counsel Opinion Template (Updated 8/5/2022)