This Newsletter is targeted primarily to public housing agencies (PHAs), Multifamily owners, lenders, investors, and other development partners who are participants in the RAD program. It will include information on key program statistics, news, and special events that take place each month. Additionally, each issue will highlight a few recently closed projects.
HUD Creates New Pathway to Create New Deeply Affordable Housing; 220,000 Available Units of Authority Eligible for Construction." Public Housing Authorities (PHAs) have a new pathway to leverage their existing public housing “Faircloth Authority” to create new deeply rent-assisted housing through the Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD). Faircloth-to-RAD conversions will establish a long-term, reliable rental subsidy contract for the new housing units, which will help PHAs and their partners to more readily finance the development of the new properties. The guidance is located here and our fact sheet on Faircloth to RAD is located here.
- July 13, 2022: Knoxville Community Development Corporation's Executive Director Q&A on RAD.
- March 3, 2022: Portsmouth Metropolitan Housing Authority's Executive Director Q&A on RAD.
- December 16, 2021: Rock Island Housing Authority's Executive Director and the Q&A on RAD.
- September 21, 2021: Montgomery County Housing Opportunities Commission's Executive Director and the Q&A on RAD.
- May 25, 2021: Spokane Housing Authority's Executive Director and the Q&A on RAD.
- April 13, 2021: Ann Arbor Housing Commission's Executive Director and the Q&A on RAD.
- March 2021: Lavonia Housing Authority's Executive Director and the Q&A on RAD
- November 2020: $10 Billion Invested in RAD Public Housing
- January 2020: RAD Successfully Winds Down RAP Legacy Program
- February 2019: RAD Successfully Winds Down Rent Supp Legacy Program
To receive an electronic copy of previous newsletters, send us an email to RAD@hud.gov.
RAD Reaches Another Big Milestone!
Public housing authorities and their partners have surpassed $15 billion in construction investment since RAD’s inception in 2013. This flyer celebrates what PHAs have been able to accomplish with and for residents and their communities, and that highlights some of the accomplishments of RAD as told both through the numbers and from the resident experience.
(October 19, 2022)