Statutes, Notices, Regulations & Tools
HUD has put out several notices in order to implement the Rental Assistance Demonstration. These technical notices provide in depth detail on the RAD program, provide for its organization and its implementation. Below you will find those documents, which are a reference point for those seeking additional knowledge on RAD.
- RAD Supplemental Notice | RAD Federal Register Supplemental Guidance on Final Notice (Published July 2, 2018)
- RAD Federal Register Notice Implementing Certain FY 18 Appropriations Act Provisions (Published July 2, 2018)
- RAD Notice of Increase in Cap and Rent Setting (Published August 23, 2017)
- RAD Notice Revision 3 (Published January 12, 2017)
- RAD Notice Blacklined Version of Revision 2 vs Revision 3 (Published January 12, 2017)
- Fair Housing, Civil Rights, and Relocation Notice (Published November 10, 2016)
- RAD Statute (as amended) RAD is authorized by the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act of 2012 (Pub. L. No. 112-55, approved November 18, 2011), as amended by the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2014 (Pub. L. No. 113-76, approved January 17, 2014), the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 (Pub. L. No. 113-235, approved December 16, 2014), Division L, Title II, Section 237 of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2016 (Pub. L. No. 114-113, approved December 18, 2015), the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2017 (Pub. L. No. 115-31, approved May 5, 2017), and the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2018 (Pub. L. No. 115-141, approved March 23, 2018) collectively, the “RAD Statute.”
The below guides and resources may be useful for PHAs that may be considering applying or are planning for a RAD 1 Conversion.