The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) is the largest mortgage insurer in the world with an active insurance portfolio of over $1.3 trillion. Each year, FHA helps more than a million homebuyers achieve the dream of sustainable, affordable homeownership of single family homes, while our insurance programs for multifamily properties support the availability of over 300,000 affordable rental units, including those for seniors and people with disabilities. FHA's healthcare insurance programs facilitate access to hospital medical care and assisted living in hundreds of communities across the country.
Part of HUD's Office of Housing, FHA operates as a self-funded entity, obtaining capital to operate its programs from the mortgage insurance premiums it receives from lenders that participate in its programs.
- Single Family Calendar Year 2019 Mortgage Limits
- Fiscal Year 2018 Mutual Mortgage Insurance Fund Report
- Fiscal Year 2018 Annual Management Report
Get More FHA Information
- Follow @FHAgov on Twitter
- Connect with "Federal Housing Administration" on Linkedin
- Find FHA job postings at USAjobs.gov
Reach the FHA Resource Center