PIH 2021-20: EHV Household Reporting Requirements Published 6/30/2021
- At risk of homelessness,
- Fleeing, or attempting to flee, domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, or human trafficking, or
- Were recently homeless or have a high risk of housing instability.
IMS/PIC Reporting Discrepancies
HUD created an EHV Exception Report to help EHV PHAs identify IMS/PIC reporting discrepancies. Please use this report to identify and resolve potential discrepancies in your PHA’s reporting in IMS/PIC. Email EHV@hud.gov if you have any questions regarding this report.
Important Notices for PHAs
Guidance on reporting EHV issuances when submitting the HUD-50058/HUD-50058 MTW in IMS/PIC:
- PHAs should report in line 2n when submitting the HUD-50058 by entering “EHV”.
- MTW PHAs that have received HUD approval to apply MTW flexibilities to EHV vouchers may report household participant data on the HUD-50058 MTW and must enter “EHV” on line 2p and leave line 2n blank.
- The initial funding increment for the EHV allocation is based on the PHA's PUC for the PHA's HCV program, adjusted for inflation and taking into consideration that the initial term is longer than 12 months.
- HUD will adjust the initial funding amount based on the actual costs incurred upon request by the PHA to ensure the PHA has sufficient funding during the initial funding term to lease all of its EHVs and pay its EHV HAP costs through December 31, 2022.
- If the PHA believes that an adjustment is needed, it should contact its financial analyst in HUD's Office of Housing Voucher Programs Financial Management Center (FMC).
UPCOMING EHV OFFICE HOURS
|Oct. 26, 2021
Advancing Equity Using EHVs. Focuses on how PHAs and their EHV partners can continue efforts to advance equity using EHVs.
Nov. 9, 2021
|Administrative Plan Amendments and Process. Provides an overview of EHV requirements related to Administrative Plan amendments and process including information on what constitutes a significant amendment, when public notice or public comment is required and quality assurance tips for success.|
|Nov. 16, 2021
|EHV Dashboard Demonstration. Provides an overview of the newly created “on-demand” dashboard that provides daily updates on leasing, issuances and unit utilization for the EHV program and overall EHV funding and award data by PHA using information from IMS/PIC and HUDCAPS.|
|Dec. 7, 2021
|Portability in EHVs. Provides guidance pertaining to portability and provides PHAs with an opportunity to ask questions during an expanded Q& A session.|
|Dec. 14, 2021
|Best Practices for Housing Search and Tenant Readiness Services. Focuses on the housing search process, how EHV service fees may be used to incentivize landlord participation and will highlight best practices in programs tailored to aide prospective PHA participants in overcoming barriers to access and maintain housing.|